Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mom Cave Wishes and Fairy Tale Dreams

I don’t have a Mom Cave. Heck, I don’t even have a real blog like many of the others who have entered this contest. Although, I guess I do now considering I opened an account simply for the opportunity to enter Centsational Girl’s Mom Cave Contest. Yes, I suffer from Blog envy –blogs, which are virtual Mom Caves, afterall. For now, my oasis from Momhood and my job is by vicariously enjoying fave blogs.

So what would a non-Mom-Cave-owning girl do with a $250 HomeGoods Gift Card? Glad you asked!

My house has been in a permanent state of “temporary-not-doneness” since we bought it five years ago. While there have been several DIY projects, I have yet to carve out that ‘corner’ of my own. The first few years I envisioned the potential but after a while LIFE got in the way. So I subconsciously filed those visions in the Someday Bin. But in the last few months of following the DIY, decorating blogger gals of the world I’ve realized that, little-by-little, dreams can become a reality. I’m so inspired and long for my visionboard to materialize. Perhaps a wave of the HomeGoods Wand will be my start?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline,

    I found you on Centsational Girl's blog and just wanted to say hello and welcome to the blogging community.

    Good for you for starting your own blog!

    I have had mine for almost 2 years and I am really enjoying it.

    I live in La Pine, Oregon, about 1/2 hour south of Bend.

    Take care!

    Kathy Matthews
    www.oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you picked out! Love those curtains! Where are those from?

    I love that you set up a blog just for the Home Goods giveaway..that's awesome! Welcome to Blogland!

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely welcoming words! I'm so excited to have 2 comments already. *blushing*:0)

    @Natalie - Curtains are Lakarri from Anthropologie. Leave it to them to the most beautiful selections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline, I LOVE your inspiration board, we have such similar taste! Good luck in this contest, all of you are making it SOOOOO hard on me!!!! Anyway, love your room and I hope you get everything you wish for!
    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! I am in the long process of looking for things to add to my living room. Where did you find everything? LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete